- One (1) tbsp. olive oil
- One (1) cup diced white onion
- ¾ cup diced carrots
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- Four (4) cloves garlic, minced
- Three (3) cups chicken stock
- One (1) cup crushed tomatoes
- ¾ cup orzo pasta
- ¼ tsp. dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/8 tsp. oregano
- Two (2) cups fresh spinach
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Grated parmesan cheese (to garnish)
- Fresh parsley (to garnish)
- Dice your onion & carrots and mince the garlic.
- In a heavy pot, heat oil on medium-high. Add onions carrots and celery. Cook until onions are translucent (approx 5 min).
- Add garlic, crushed tomatoes and chicken broth. Once at a boil, add orzo, thyme, rosemary and oregano and stir to combine.
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Just prior to serving, add spinach and salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with grated parmesan and parsley
*Click here to see what's new in our online store!