- One (1) lb. dry spaghetti (We used a chickpea pasta noodle)
- Two (2) tbsp. olive oil
- Five (5) oz. of bacon, cubed
- Five (5) garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Four (4) large eggs
- One (1) cup Parmigiano-Reggiano, finely grated
- Pepper, to taste (the more the better)
- One (1) cup parsley, chopped
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente (approx. 10 min).
- Wisk the eggs and cheese together well. Make sure to do this while the pasta is cooking, as it is important to for the pasta to be hot when adding the egg mixture, so that the heat cooks the eggs in the sauce.
- Add olive oil to a large skillet, over medium flame. Add bacon and saute until crisp (approx. 5 min.) Toss garlic in and saute until the garlic becomes aromatic (less than 1 min.)
- As soon as the spaghetti is done and drained, add it to your bacon and garlic mixture. Toss and remove from heat. Reserve the pasta water.
- Add the egg and cheese mixture and black pepper. Continue to toss. To thin out the sauce, use the reserved pasta water.
- Garnish with more cheese and parsley.
*Click here to see what's new in our online store!