- One (1) small yellow onion, roughly chopped
- Two (2) scallions, roughly chopped
- One (1) habanero chili pepper, seeded
- Two (2) garlic cloves
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ½ tbsp. vegetable oil
- One (1) tsp. Chinese five-spice powder
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. Allspice
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 3 lbs. chicken legs
- In a food processor, combine all of the ingredients except the chicken. Process until mixture is smooth.
- Put chicken legs and marinade in a zip lock bag. Squeeze mixture to assure that each piece of chicken is coated well. Place in refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Allow chicken legs to get to room temp before grilling.
- Grill chicken – Watch https://youtu.be/5dzTtvu3dek for best tips on making crispy chicken
- Garnish with chopped shallots, prior to serving.
*Click here to see what's new in our online store!