Tomatillo Sauce Ingredients:
- Two (2) tbsp. olive oil
- One (1) large white onion, diced
- One (1) jalapeno, seeded and diced
- Two (1) cup chopped tomatillos, diced
- Four (4) cloves garlic, minced
- Two (2) cups chicken broth
- Four (4) four oz. cans of diced green chilis (16 oz. total)
- 2 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- One (1) tsp. salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
Tomatillo Sauce Directions:
- Add olive oil to a pan over medium high heat. Saute onions and jalapenos until onions are translucent. Still in garlic and cook until fragrant (less than one minute). Add tomatillos and cook until softened (couple minutes).
- While the tomatillos are cooking, put chicken broth, diced green chilies, ground cumin, salt and pepper to a food processor. Add tomatillo mixture once ready and pulse until you reach desired texture (we like ours pretty smooth).
- Set aside
- Three (3) cups shredded chicken (we smoked ours, but a store bought rotisserie will work too)
- Four (4) oz. can diced green chilis
- 1 ½ tsp. garlic powder
- One (1) tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- Eight (8) chickpea tortillas
- 2 ½ cups Green Enchilada Sauce
- Eight (8) tbsp. plain yogurt
- Three (3) cups pepper jack cheese
- Preheat over to 375 F.
- Line the bottom of a casserole dish with pre-made tomatillo sauce (just enough to cover the bottom so the enchiladas wont stick).
- Add shredded chicken, green chilis, garlic powder, cumin and salt to a bowl. Mix well.
- Place chicken mixture, cheese and yogurt in tortilla. Put them in your casserole dish, seam down. Continue process until pan is filled with side by side enchiladas.
- Pour the remaining tomatillo sauce over enchiladas. Top with cheese and bake 20 – 25 minutes. If the cheese topping is not brown, turn over on broil until browned. Watch carefully to avoid burning.
*Click here to see what's new in our online store!
YouTube: Cooking with the Robinsons - YouTube