- Three (3) tbsp. olive oil
- One (1) red onion, diced
- One (1) yellow bell pepper, diced
- Four (4) cloves of garlic, minced
- One (1) 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- Two (2) tbsp. tomato paste
- 4-5 cups of pulled chicken (make it easy on yourself and get a premade rotisserie chicken).
- Two (2) 15 oz. cans chickpeas
- One (1) 32 oz. box of low-sodium chicken broth
- One (1) tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Five (5) cups of baby spinach
- Drain and rinse chickpeas.
- Place oil in a large pot on medium high heat. Add diced onion and yellow pepper. Once the onion is translucent, Add garlic until it becomes fragrant (less than one minute).
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato paste, chicken broth, pulled chicken, chickpeas, smoked paprika, ground cumin and salt.
- Stir well and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook until chickpeas are tender (approximately 25 min.)
*Click here to see what's new in our online store!
YouTube: Cooking with the Robinsons - YouTube
- Just prior to serving, add spinach. Once wilted, serve.