- 2 1/3 lbs. tri tip steak
- Kosher salt (for brine and seasoning)
- Pepper, to taste
- Garlic, to taste
- Steak seasoning (we used Meet Church's Holy Cow Rub)
- Prep smoker
- Liberally salt the tri tip with kosher salt and brine for 15 minutes.
- Wash off the brine and lightly reseason with salt, pepper, garlic and seasoning.
- Add steak to 250 degree smoker and pull when the internal temperature reaches 115 degrees.
- Reverse sear for two minutes on each side at a temperature of 500 degrees.
- Let rest for at least 15 minutes in peach paper.
Chimichurri Sauce Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Five (5) garlic cloves, minced
- One (1) cup cilantro
- One (1) bush of parsley
- Three (3) tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. Mexican oregano
Chimichurri Sauce Directions:
- Mince the garlic.
- Pull off the fresh celantro and parsley leaves.
- In a blender, mix oil, garlic, celantro, parsley, vinegar, salt, pepper, cumin and oregano.
*Click here to see what's new in our online store!