- Five (5) chicken thighs (boneless and skinless)
- One (1) cup margarita mix
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- One (1) tsp. Mexican oregano
- One (1) tsp. ground cumin
- One (1) tsp. garlic powder
- One (1) tsp. salt
- One (1) tsp. black pepper
- Five (5) hamburger buns
- One (1) cup Mexican cheese, shredded
- Guacamole or sliced avocado, to garnish
- Pico de Gallo, to garnish
- Cilantro, to garnish
- Prep grill
- Put chicken in a large resealable plastic bag and pound until even (I would recommend that you pound all four thighs to be similar thickness so that they require similar cooking time). Keep in bag and set aside.
- Wisk margarita mix, olive oil, cilantro, Mexican oregano, ground cumin, garlic powder, salt and black pepper together. Add mixture to the resealable plastic bag that contains chicken. Seal and message the bag so that the mixture reaches each chicken. Place in refrigerator for up to two (2) hours. (More than 2 hours will start breaking down the meat and you don’t want that to happen).
- Grill chicken until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Place cheese on each thigh so it melts as the meat is resting.
- While the meat is resting, toast the buns.
- Spread guacamole on the lower bun, top with grilled chicken, pico de gallo and cilantro.
*Click here to see what's new in our online store!