Check out our seasonings here
Serves four (4) ppl.
- One (1) 3 1/2 lb. tri-tip steak
- Kosher Salt, to taste
- Val Coffee Steak Rub, to taste
- 1 1/2 lb. shrimp (peeled and devained)
- One (1) cup butter, melted
- Six (6) garlic cloves, minced
- Two (2) tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- Dottie Smokey Kickin Cajun Seasoning, to taste
- Cut off excess fat and silver skin from steak.
- Tenderize both sides of the tri-tip with a Jaccard Meat Tenderizer.
- Lightly dry brine both sides with kosher salt and place in refrigerator for 15 min.
- Set your smoker to 250 degrees and prep your coals on the grill.
- Lightly rinse tri-tip, blot dry with a paper towel and season both sides liberally with Val Coffee Steak Rub. (get yours here)
- Add steak to 250-degree smoker and pull when the internal temperature reaches 118 degrees.
- Reverse sear on high heat for approx. one (1) minute, per side (or until you reach desired doneness).
- Let rest for at least 15 minutes.
- Place one layer of shrimp in a cast iron skillet.
- Season libereally with Dottie Smoky Kickin Cajun seasoning. (get yours here)
- Add garlic and 1 tbsp. parsley in melted butter. Note: Set aside remaining parsley to garnish.
- Stir well and drizzle over shrimp.
- Place in a 250 degree smoker and close lid.
- After 15 minutes, stir, close lid and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley.
Get your FLAVOR ON here