Check out our new seasonings here
- Red trout, fillets
- Kosher salt
- Olive oil
- Seasoning of choice (we did three – garlic herb, smoky Cajun and lemon pepper)
- Fresh lemons, cut into slices
- Lightly line a baking sheet with kosher salt. Lay fillets on pan, skin side down. Lightly salt the flesh side and cover with plastic wrap. Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Set smoker to 200 degrees.
- Remove fillets from baking sheet, rinse fish thoroughly and place on a baking rack. Note: We like to place the whole baking rack in the smoker in efforts to not have your fish stick.
- Blot the fish with a paper towel to remove moisture. Coat the flesh with olive oil and add your favorite seasoning. Note: I would recommend a seasoning with low or no salt since the fish already absorbed some from the brine.
- Place fish in 200 degree smoker until the internal temp reaches 145 degrees.
- Drizzle on some fresh lemon juice and enjoy!