Get your FLAVOR ON here
Serves approx. (4) ppl.
- One (1) tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 white onion, finely diced
- Four (4) garlic cloves, chopped finely
- Two (2) lbs. ground beef
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- One (1) cup whole milk
- 1/2 tsp. tomato paste
- Two (2) eggs, beaten
- One (1) tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Two (2) tsp. garlic powder
- Two (2) tsp. kosher salt
- One (1) tsp. paprika
- Two (2) tsp. fresh parsley
- Val Coffee Steak Rub (or your favorite beef rub)
- One (1) cup bbq sauce
- In a pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook until softened. Add finely chopped garlic and cook for 1 minute. Set aside to cook completely.
- In a small bowl, mix milk and breadcrumbs. Stir well and let sit for about five minutes.
- Add the following to a large bowl: ground beef, breadcrumb mix, tomato paste, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, kosher salt, paprika and parsley.
- Mix until combined, Try not to overwork the meat.
- Spoon mixture into a tin pan, lined with plastic wrap. Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for 1 hour to set.
- Once set, remove plastic wrap from top. place an oiled wire rack on top and flip over. Carefully remove tin pan and plastic wrap.
- Season top and sides of meatloaf generously with Val Coffee Steak Rub.
- Place in smoker.
- Brush meatloaf with sauce every 30 minutes and remove from smoker when it reaches and internal temp of 165 degrees Fahrenheit (approx. 3-4 hours).
Get Val Coffee Steak Rub here.