- Six (6) cups of all-purpose flour
- Four (4) tablespoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- Two (2) tbsp. rosemary
- One (1) tbsp. thyme
- 1 ½ tsp. sea salt
- 2 ½ cups unsalted butter, frozen and shredded
- Five (5) eggs
- 1 ¾ cups buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Mix flour, baking powder, sugar, rosemary, thyme and salt. If using a mixer, use lowest setting.
- Shred frozen butter (we use our cheese grater) and add to the flour mixture. Again, use the lowest setting so that the butter stays cold.
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface and roll out to about 1 ½ inch thick. In order to get a tall and flaky biscuit, don’t over roll.
- Cut dough with a round cutter.
- Spray two cast iron skillets with cooking spray.
- Place dough in skillets and bake for 15 – 18 min. or until golden brown.
*Click here to see what's new in our online store!