- One (1) lb. ground lamb
- One (1) lb. ground beef (we used 80/20)
- 1/2 white onion, grated
- Two (2) garlic cloves, minced
- One (1) tsp. pepper
- One (1) tsp. rosemary
- One (1) tsp. cumin
- One (1) tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
Tzatziki Sauce Ingredients:
- One (1) cup Greek yogurt
- One (1) cucumber, ½ inch cubed
- One (1) tbsp. dill, chopped
- Three (3) garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ juice of a lemon
- One (1) tsp olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Preheat the over to 350 F.
- Spray a baking pan with oil and set aside.
- Grate the onion (we use our cheese grater) and place in cloth or a paper towel. Squeeze to wring out any excess liquid.
- Place the lamb, beef, onion, garlic, pepper, rosemary, cumin, oregano, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl. Mix by hand.
- Using one hand to mold the meat and the other to hold the skewer, pack the meat mixture around the end of each skewer. Try to keep them the same size when molding to assure they cook evenly and are done at the same time. (we like ours approx. 1 1/2 inches wide)
- Lay the kababs on an oiled grill/griddle that has been preheated to medium high. Rotate the skewers with tongs (about every two minutes) till desired sear is reached.
- Place kababs in prepared baking pan and bake in the oven until it reaches desired temp. We like ours medium, so we pulled at 139 F. About 10 - 12 minutes.
- Skin the cucumber, slice in half, and take out seeds. Chop the cucumber and strain. We place a strainer over a bowl. Drop in the chopped cucumber, add a little salt and squeeze as much water from the cucumber, as possible.
- Mix Greek yogurt, drained cucumber, dill, garlic, lemon, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Seal and place in refrigerator to marry.
*Click here to see what's new in our online store!