- Four chicken thighs
- Two (2) tbsp. olive oil
- One (1) cup white onion, chopped
- One (1) cup of baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- One (1) lemon (use the juice of 1/2 and slice the other half into rounds)
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- Three (3) garlic cloves, minced
- One (1) cup of long grain rice
- Three (3) cups chicken broth
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Garlic, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cut excess fat off the chicken thighs and season both sides with salt, pepper and garlic.
- In a large cast iron skillet, heat oil on medium heat. Add chicken thighs (skin side down) and cook until golden brown (approx. 5-6 min.) Flip the chicken to brown the other side until golden brown. Set aside.
- With a paper towel, soak up some of the excess oil, leaving the brown bits stuck to the skillet.
- Add to the skillet onion, mushrooms, juice of 1/2 lemon, thyme, rosemary and garlic. with a flat head utensil, scrape the browned chicken bits from the bottom of the pan. Stir well and add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add rice to mixture and toast for approximately one minute - continually stirring.
- Add chicken broth. Once it comes to a simmer, add chicken breasts back into the skilled (on top of the mushroom rice) and three or four slices of lemon.
- Put lid on skillet and place in oven to bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove lid and bake another 10 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley.
*Click here to see what's new in our online store!