Serves eight (8)
- Six (6) lb. boneless leg of lamb
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Garlic and Herb Seasoning, to taste
- Twelve (12) cloves of garlic
- Two (2) white onions
- 32 oz. beef stock
- Tzatziki sauce
- 1/2 Red onion, sliced
- Four (4) Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- Feta cheese, to taste
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- With a sharp knife, lightly score (crosshatch) the fat cap of the lamb. Make sure to not cut into the meat.
- Apply olive oil, kosher salt and Coy Zesty Garlic and Herb Seasoning (or your favorite garlic and herb seasoning) to entire leg of lamb
- Tie with twine (vertically and horizontally) and set aside
- Cut onions into quarters and place at the bottom of your roasting pan. Peel your garlic and add to pan.
- Pour beef stock over onions and garlic.
- Place lamb on roasting rack (above beef broth)
- Cover with aluminium foil and place in oven
- Once internal temp reaches 190, uncover to brown meat
- Place back in oven until you reach an internal temp of 202 degrees (or probe tender)
- Rest for 30 minutes
- While resting, chop the onions and garlic that were cooking in the beef broth.
- Shred lamb and incorporate your chopped veggies and some of the beef broth to make moist.
- Place tzatziki sauce on a warm tortilla, top with shredded lamb, sliced red onions, diced tomatoes and cheese.
*Check out our newest seasonings here !