Check out our latest rubs here:
Servings: Approx. 12 servings
- One (1) three pound eye of round roast
- One (1) cup light brown sugar
- One (1) cup soy sauce
- Three (3) tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- One (1) tbsp. smoked paprika
- One (1) tsp. onion powder
- One (1) tsp. garlic powder
- One (1) tsp. red pepper flakes
- One (1) tsp. black pepper
- Place eye of round roast into freezer for one (1) hour for easy cutting.
- Place on cutting board to remove fat and silver skin. Note: The less fat, the better.
- Cut your roast (with the grain) into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Tenderize both sliced sides with a Jaccard Meat Tenderizer and set aside.
- In a mdium bowl, combine brown sugar, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, red pepper flakes and black pepper. Wisk until sugar is dissolved.
- Place sliced roast and marinade into a large zip lock bag and toss until evenly coated.
- Place in refrigerator for at least 12 hours. Make sure to flip the bag a couple times to make sure the marinade coats the meat evenly.
- Pat dry and place marinated meat in a 180 degree smoker for 45 minutes.
- Turn and smoke for another 45 minutes.
- Remove when it has a leather-like appearance - chewy yet tender.
Get your FLAVOR ON here