- Two (2) tomatoes, medium diced
- One (1) red bell pepper, diced small
- One (1) large yellow onion, diced
- Four (4) garlic cloves, minced
- Two (2) tbsp. olive oil
- Six (6) boneless skinless chicken thighs
- One (1) lb. mussels
- One (1) lb. little neck clams
- 16/20 shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Two (2) cups aborio rice
- Pinch of saffron
- Three (3) cups of low sodium chicken stock
- One (1) cup of clam juice
- Two (2) tbsp. smoked paprika
- ½ cup green peas
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Garlic, to taste
- Two (2) lemons, sliced
- Parsley, chopped
- Turn grill on to medium high heat.
- Cut up your tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, garlic, parsley and lemon wedges.
- Clean your mussels and clams. Make sure that your mussels and clams are still alive by tapping them to see if they shut.
- Peel and devein shrimp. We like to leave the tail on.
- Add two tbsp. olive oil in paella pan. Place chicken thighs in pan to brown. Once about 70% cooked, pull and set aside.
- Turn heat down to medium low. Caramelize onions in paella pan for about 10 minutes.
- Turn heat down to low and add bell peppers. Cook for about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add rice to cooked veggies and tip with a pinch of saffron. Toast rice for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and clam juice.
- Stir and season with smoked paprika, salt, pepper and garlic.
- Add partially cooked chicken, clams and mussles. Close lid and cook for 20 minutes.
- Top with green peas and shrimp. Cook for approx. 15 more minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and freshly squeezed lemon juice.
*Click here to see what's new in our online store!