- Two (2) tbsp. olive oil
- One (1) cup yellow onion, diced
- Three (3) cloves garlic, minced
- Two (2) lbs. ground beef (we used 97/3)
- Two (2) cups low sodium beef broth
- One (1) cup water
- Two (2) cups chickpea pasta
- Two (2) 15 oz cans of fire roasted tomatoes
- Two (2) 15 oz tomato sauce
- One (1) tsp. Italian seasoning
- One (1) tbsp black pepper
- ½ tbsp. salt
- Three (3) bay leaves
- Using a large pot (we used our Dutch oven), heat oil on medium high.
- Add onions. Once they are translucent, add garlic. As soon as they become aromatic, add beef and cook until browned.
- Add beef broth and water and bring to a light boil.
- Add roasted tomatoes and tomato sauce. Season with Italian seasoning, black pepper and salt. Mix well.
- Add bay leaves and cook with the lid on for 15 minutes.
- Stir in pasta and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- Garnish with parmesan.
*Click here to see what's new in our online store!