Serves eight (8) people
- Four (4) lbs. chuck roast
- Four (4) tbsp. olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Coy Zesty Garlic and Herb Seasoning, to taste
- One (1) yellow onion, peeled and sliced
- Two (2) full heads of garlic, peeled
- Two (2) cups of beef stock
- Two (2) tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- French bread
- Provolone cheese, sliced
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees (If cooking in your crockpot, set on low)
- Lightly oil entire chuck roast with olive oil and season with salt, pepper and Coy Zesty Garlic and Herb Seasoning.
- Add olive oil to cast iron skillet over high heat. When oil begins to smoke, sear the seasoned chuck roast on both sides and all corners until browned. Set aside.
- Add sliced onion and garlic to the bottom of a Dutch oven and season with salt, pepper, and Coy Zesty Garlic and Herb to taste.
- Place your seared chuck roast on top of the onions and garlic. Add beef broth and Worcestershire sauce.
- Put lid on Dutch oven and place in pre-heated oven for four (4) hours.
- Pull from oven and let meat cook enough to cut into thin slices.
- Place sliced meat back into your au Jus (juices remaining at the bottom of your Dutch oven) and place back into a 190 degree oven until desired tenderness (approximately 2 hours).
- On a baking sheet, place sliced chuck roast on French bread. Add onions and garlic found in the au Jus sauce and top with provolone cheese.
- Place in the oven until cheese has melted and bread becomes toasted.
- Place au Jus (remaining juices) into a small bowl for dipping.
*Check out our newest seasonings here !