- Two (2) tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ lb. bacon, diced
- Four (4) chicken thighs
- Salt, pepper and garlic, to taste
- One (1) white onion, diced
- Three (3) carrots, cut
- 8 oz. baby bella mushrooms, cut in half
- 5 oz. whole pitted olives
- Six (6) cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ bottle of red wine
- One (1) cup of chicken broth
- Three (3) sprigs of oregano
- One (1) tbsp. butter, room temp
- One (1) tbsp. flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Add oil to a large cast iron skillet or Dutch oven, over medium heat
- Add diced bacon and cook until browned (approx. 10 minutes)
- Remove bacon onto a plate and set aside. Keep the bacon fat at the bottom of the pot.
- Season chicken thighs, on both sides, with salt, pepper and garlic
- Place chicken in the cast iron skillet and brown both sides, using the remaining bacon fat. Once browned, set aside.
- Add diced onion, carrots, olives, mushrooms, garlic, wine, cooked bacon and chicken broth to the same pan that browned the chicken.
- Place the browned chicken on top, along with several sprigs of oregano.
- Put lid on cast iron skillet and cook in over for 45 minutes.
- Place cast iron skillet back on a low heat stove.
- Mix room temp butter with flour to make a paste. Add paste to broth and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and French bread
*Click here to see what's new in our online store!