- Place cilantro rice on bottom of serving bowl (instructions below)
- Top rice with chicken fajitas (instructions below), pico de gallo (see instructions in previous Cooking with the Robinsons blog post) and guacamole (see instructions in previous Cooking with the Robinsons blog post)
- Rinse canned black beans and roasted corn. Add to bed of rice.
- Garnish with grated cheese, salsa, sliced jalapeno and lime wedges (optional)
Cilantro Lime Rice Ingredients:
- One (1) cup of basmati rice
- Two (2) cups of low sodium chicken broth
- Three (3) tsp vegetable oil
- One (1) tsp salt
- Three (3) tbsp fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Juice of one (1) lime
Cilantro Lime Rice Directions:
- In a heavy pot, add basmati rice, chicken broth, one (1) tsp oil and salt.
- Put on high. Once it reaches a boil, reduce to low and cover for about 20 minutes.
- Turn off heat and keep covered for an additional 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine rice, chopped cilantro, lime juice and two (2) tsp oil. Toss until completely mixed.
Chicken Fajita Ingredients:
- Three (3) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Two (2) tbsp olive oil
- ½ tbsp ground cumin
- ½ tbsp chili powder
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
Chicken Fajita Directions:
- Cut chicken breasts in half and place in a zip lock bag. Pound chicken breasts until thin and even.
- Add olive oil, ground cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika, oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Marinate in refrigerator for 2-3 hours
- Place chicken on lightly oiled cast iron grill on both sides, until internal temp reaches 160 degrees fahrenheit. Temp will continue to rise when meat it taken off.
- Rest for 10 min and cut into thin slices.
*Click here to see what's new in our online store!