Check out our latest rubs here:
Servings: Approx. 5-6 ppl
- One (1) lb. hickery smoked breakfast sausage
- One (1) cup white onion, finely diced
- Olive oil spray, as needed
- One (1) 32oz. bag of tater tots, frozen
- One (1) red bell pepper, finely diced
- One (1) green bell pepper, finely diced
- Two (2) cups colby jack, grated (total used throughout the cook)
- One (1) cup pepper jack, grated (total used throughout the cook)
- Four (4) eggs
- One (1) cup milk
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 3/4 tsp. Dottie Smoky Kickin' Cajun Seasoning (total used throughout the cook)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- In a large castiron skillet, cook breakfast sausage and onions. Once sausage is browned and onions become translucent, turn off heat and set aside (approx. 8 minutes)
- Place bell peppers, 1 cup of colby jack cheese, 1/2 cup of pepper jack cheese, eggs, milk, half and half, 1/2 tsp. Dottie Smoky Kickin' Cajun Seasoning, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Stir and set aside.
- Spray a large baking dish with olive oil and line bottom of entire pan with frozen tator tots.
- Spread cooked sausage and onion mixture on top of the tator tots.
- Pour wet mixture on top of sausage and onion.
- Top with remaining cheese (1 cup of colby jack, 1/2 cup of pepper jack) and Dottie Smoky Kickin' Cajun (1/4 tsp.)
- Wrap in foil and place in smoker at 350 degrees.
- Smoke, covered, for about 25 minutes. Remove foil and continue to bake until the cheese is bubbly (approx. 25 more minutes).
Get your FLAVOR ON here