Check out our latest seasonings here
Serves six (6) ppl.
- One (1) 3 1/2 lb. Tri-tip Steak
- Kosher Salt, to taste
- Val Coffee Steak Rub, to taste (get yours here)
- One (1) cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup prepared horseradish (1/4 cup to make family friendly)
- 1 1/2 tbsp. dijon mustard
- One (1) tsp. white wine vinegar
- One (1) tsp. worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tbsp. fresh chopped chives
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a bowl, mix sour cream, horseradish, dijon mustard, white wine vinegar, worcestershire sauce and chives.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Garnish with more chives.
- Cut off excess fat and silver skin from steak.
- Tenderize both sides of the tri-tip with a Jaccard Meat Tenderizer.
- Lightly dry brine both sides with kosher salt and place in refrigerator for 15 min.
- Set your smoker to 250 degrees and prep your coals on the grill.
- Lightly rinse tri-tip, blot dry with a paper towel and season both sides liberally with Val Coffee Steak Rub. (get yours here)
- Add steak to 250-degree smoker and pull when the internal temperature reaches 118 degrees.
- Reverse sear on high heat for approx. one (1) minute, per side (or until you reach desired doneness).
- Let rest for at least 15 minutes.
- Drizzle horseradish sauce on top and enjoy!
Get your FLAVOR ON here