- Two (2) tbsp. olive oil
- 2 1/2 lbs. chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- One (1) large onion, diced
- Four (4) garlic cloves, minced
- One (1) 10oz can of rotel
- One (1) 15oz can of tomato sauce
- One (1) 14oz black beans
- 32oz chicken broth, unsalted
- Two (2) cups vegetable oil
- Eight corn tortillas, cut into strips
- Pour olive oil in a large pot and medium-high heat and add seasoned chicken.
- Once chicken thighs are seared, place on a plate and set aside.
- Place chopped onions in the pot. Once they are translucent, add garlic, rotel, tomato sauce, black beans, chicken broth and the chicken that was previously browned.
- Cring to a boil and simmer for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Once chicken is cooked, place on a clean plate and shred. Place shredded chicken back into the pot.
- In another pan, pour in vegetable oil on medium-high heat. Once it starts to smoke, add tortilla strips and cook until crispy and lightly browned.
- Set aside to cool and top with salt and Coy Zesty Garlic and Herb seasoning (see below).