- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 lb. ground lamb
- One (1) cup red onion, finely diced
- One (1) cup breadcrumbs
- Four (4) tablespoons milk (pour over breadcrumbs)
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Four (4) tsp fresh lemon zest
- Two (2) eggs
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Use hands to combine beef, lamb, red onion, breadcrumbs, milk, parsley, feta, lemon zest, egg, garlic, oregano and a large pinch of salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Place a cooling rack on top of parchment lined baking sheet.
- Scoop mixture out an put on the cooling rack.
- Lightly oil hands and gently roll meatballs so they are uniformly round (about 1 ½ inches)
- Bake for about 16 minutes or until internal temp reaches 145.
- Broil for another 2 minutes to finish cooking the inside and lightly brown the outside.
- Serve with pita bread, tzatziki sauce and Greek salad