Get your flavor on here
- Two (2) 14 oz cans black beans (drained, rinsed and patted dry)
- One (1) tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup finely chopped bell pepper
- One (1) cup finely chopped yellow onion
- Three (3) garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ tsp ground cumin
- One (1) tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- ½ cup feta cheese
- Two (2) large eggs
- One (1) tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Two (2) tbsp bbq sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Spread beans evenly onto a lined baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes until slightly dried out.
- Saute olive oil, chopped pepper, onion and garlic over medium heat until peppers and onions are soft, about 5-6 minutes. Gently blot some of the moisture out.
- Place in a large bowl or in a food processor with the remaining ingredients (cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, bread crumbs, cheese, eggs, Worcestershire, bbq sauce, salt, and pepper). Stir or pulse everything together, then add the black beans. Mash with a for or pulse the mixture, leaving some larger chunks of beans.
- Form into patties – about 1/3 cup of mixture in each.
- Place patties on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes on each side, 20 minutes total.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.
Check out our new seasonings here