Serves approx. 3-4 ppl.
- Two (2) tbsp. olive oil
- One (1) tbsp. butter
- Six (6) beef or pork brats
- One (1) yellow bell pepper, sliced
- One (1) red bell pepper, sliced
- One (1) large onion, sliced
- One (1) beer
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Six (6) hot dog buns
- Set charcoal to one side of grill and light. Place grates on top.
- Once coals are ready, place cast iron skillet over flames. Add olive oil and butter.
- When hot, add onions and bell peppers. Season with salt and cook until onions become translucent.
- Add beer and cook over the hot coals until it reaches a boil.
- Set skillet off direct heat and nestle in your brats.
- Close lid and cook for 5 minutes.
- Turn brats over and cook, with lid closed, for another 5 minutes.
- Pull brats out of the skillet and lay directly over heat until browned on all sides.
- Place back in skillet and remove from heat.
- Place brat on hot dog bun and top with onions and bell peppers.
Get your FLAVOR ON here