- Two (2) lbs. flank steak, butterflied
- Three (3) garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup while onion, copped
- ¾ cup mushrooms, chopped
- Five (5) oz of fresh baby spinach
- Four (4) oz of sun-dried tomatoes packed in olive oil, drained and diced
- One (1) cup feta cheese
- ½ tsp. fresh ground pepper
- One (1) tbsp. olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees farinheit
- Trim fat off flank steak and butterfly (cutting horizontally with the grain of the meat). Make sure to stop cutting when you have about an inch holding the pieces together. Open, place plastic wrap on top and pound meat. The goal is to have same thickness throughout. Set aside
- In a medium heated sauce-pan, add a little olive oil, garlic, onions and mushrooms. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- When onions become transparent, add spinach and sun-dried tomatoes. Once spinach just begins to wilt, set aside and let cool.
- Remove plastic wrap from prepared steak and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Place spinach mixture evenly on top. Then top with a layer of crumbled feta cheese.
- Tightly roll up the flank steak and secure with kitchen twine.
- Brush the stuffed steak with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to an oiled cast iron skillet that is on med-high heat. Sear on all sides until browned. Approximately one (1) minute per side.
- Transfer to oven and bake until internal temp reaches 130F (approximately 25-35 minutes).
- Rest meat on cutting board for 10 minutes.
- Remove kitchen twine and cut against the grain, into ¼ inch rounds.
- Serve and eat.
*Check out our newest seasonings here !