- One (1) whole turkey
- Cajun seasoning
- Salt (if using low salt Cajun seasoning)
- Zatarain’s Creole Butter w/ Cajun Injector
- Place turkey on a baking sheet and season with salt and Dottie Smoky Kickin’ Cajun Seasoning (or your favorite Cajun seasoning). Note: We added salt only because the Dottie Smoky Kickin’ Cajun Seasoning is low in salt. If using a Cajun seasoning that is high in salt, you may not need to add it. Also, we purchased an individual turkey breast and individual turkey legs so that each could be pulled off the smoker at the appropriate time.
- Place in refrigerator (uncovered) for two (2) days.
- Inject turkey with Creole butter (injectable marinade) – Stick needle into meat and inject marinade while withdrawing slowly.
- Place in smoker @ 250 degrees until internal temp of turkey breast reaches 162 degrees and the thighs reach 175 degrees.
- Tent with aluminum foil and rest for 15 minutes.
- Slice and enjoy!
*Check out our newest seasonings here !