- Four (4) tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- One (1) lemon, divided
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Ground pepper, to taste
- One (1) tsp Italian seasoning or dried oregano
- Four (4) boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced in half length wise
- Three (3) tomatoes, chopped
- Two (2) cloves garlic, minced
- One (1) tbsp freshly chopped basil
- Eight (8) slices mozzarella
- Freshly grated parmesan, for garnish
- In a small bowl, combine oil, half the lemon juice, one teaspoon salt, ¼ tsp pepper, and Italian seasoning (or oregano) and wisk to combine. Transfer to a large re-sealable bag along with chicken, seal and refrigerate for 30 min.
- Heat grill over medium high then add chicken, discarding excess marinade. Grill until charred and cooked to an internal temp of 165 degrees, about 5 – 7 min.
- Combine tomatoes, garlic, basil, and remaining lemon juice, and season with salt and pepper. While chicken is still on grill, top each breast with one (1) slice of mozzarella, 2-3 minutes. Top chicken with tomato mixture and garnish with parmesan.